If there are things you should remind yourself about when building your free email lists, they should be a lot about those you should not be doing, just because it is so easy to forget about or ignore them. Here are some of the things you must not do if you are keen in obtaining free email lists:
- Do not use email addresses that did not opt-in. These are the ones whose owners have not given you the permission to send them anything. It is a MUST DO to ask for permission every time.
- Do not buy those email lists being sold online. You should be sure that these lists come from reputable marketing companies that do their opt-in email marketing legally. All the email lists should have been obtained with the permission of the owners.
- For your free email lists, do not abuse usage. Deliver the updates on promised dates. Never allow yourself to be the source of spammed messages.
- Never sell your list to other sellers since you will break your subscribers trust that way
Now that you know what not to do, you should be well on your way to a decent start to building you free email lists. Here are some ways you can capture the perfect subscribers to your updates:
- Establish the profile of your target market. Know what they want to get from their subscriptions.
- You should be certain that your messages reach them successfully or you are just wasting much time and effort.
- If you can continuously build and maintain your mail list on your own, you can minimize your expenditures. Instead of spending them on list rentals that may prove to be useless, spend on growing your own free email lists.
- Since you have already conducted a successful profiling of your target customers, you can start signing up in forums and discussion boards where these people are staying online. Use these venues to know more about them. Share what you can and establish a good reputation. These sites will also be your venue for building your credibility in your area of expertise.
- Continuously study your market and check time and again, what they want and what would make them come back again and again to your website.
- Make generous and sincere offers of help when needed. This can be done in the forums and boards as well. Once you start sharing your personal thoughts, experiences, and opinions and the other members respond positively, you will have earned an even firmer base for your business.
- You should employ an auto-responder to instantly connect to your new subscribers.
- Be more creative in your marketing campaigns. Come out with really useful and relevant materials like e-books, special reports, short online courses, contests, discount coupons, and more.
- Watch what the competitors are doing and see if you can use the same methods with a few enhancements. In the process, you will have used a tested technique and you will have captured the right market too.