Before you start you daycare you need to make sure you have some things. Starting a daycare isn’t hard but it does take some initial preparation. Don’t start you daycare before drawing up a checklist of things you must do and have. Only after you’ve completed checking off your list, should you actually start your daycare.
Here are some must have things in order to start a successful daycare center:
1. Permits – Each state and sometimes even each county has its own set of permits for starting a daycare. You have to make sure you have all the necessary business permits before you start your daycare.
2. Insurance – Starting a business, any business, without some sort of business insurance is not a good idea. If you’re worried about premiums, don’t be. As long as your daycare is small the premiums will be low. And if you ever get to the point when you want to expand your daycare, it means you’re doing so well that you can afford the higher premium.
3. Toys, children’s books, sleeping mats – If you want to be able to keep the kids occupied, you’re going to need toys. You don’t have to spend a whole lot to get some, but a few toys are a must. Children’s books are also great since they help you get the children to take an afternoon nap which give’s you a much needed break. Of course, in order for the children to sleep, you also need some sleeping mats.
4. Application and registration forms, receipt book – Make sure you have all the necessary forms so when a new customer shows up at your door, you can sign their kid up to your daycare without a pointless delay. Also make sure that you have all the accounting forms and receipt books that you need.
5. First aid kit – Make sure to have a full stocked full aid kit around just in case one of the children gets hurt. Don’t let this scare you. Children run around, fall down, and get hurt all the time. Just make sure you can put on a band-aid when you need to.
Starting you daycare can be fun, profitable and rewarding. Having the things I wrote above can help you make an easy and profitable start of it.