Many first time online or home business information seekers are looking for education and things they need to know before starting their own business adventure.
Here are the top 7 things you need to know before starting an online business.
1. Some of your friends and family may not agree with your decision to start “one of those things”. A lot of uneducated people look down upon home business or online businesses. They think they are scams. You may have to separate yourself from some of your friends and even some of your family members for a while so you can focus on your big prize.
My Advice: You have to be very strong and affirmative in your decision to become an entrepreneur. NEVER allow yourself to have more confidence in other’s opinions more than yours!
2. You got to have a crystal clear vision and a reason why you are doing an online business. You got to have goals. Write them down with a deadline!! Remember this: a goal without a deadline is just a wish! What’s your reason “why”? You need to decide why you are doing this, not just the money, but something you can keep your focus on like having more time and freedom for yourself and your family.
My Advice: Focus everyday on your vision and never allow anyone to steer you left or right. Your vision and your goals will always remain straight ahead! When times get tough, remember your “reason why”. Your “reason why” should be so strong that this should get you through your tough times.
3. You need to know the compensation plan! If your goal is to make $250,000/year you need to know that this certain online business’s compensation plan will allow you to make this kind of money!
My Advice: Research and find out everything you need to know to make the money you desire. Many jump into a home business and find out that many compensation plans won’t meet their financial needs.
4. MLM or Direct Sales? These are the 2 most popular online businesses that people get into. Research the opportunity to see which one is right for you. These will have different compensation plans and may have different marketing systems for you to implement. A lot of MLM’s don’t have a marketing system making it difficult to get traffic. Knowing the expansion and future if these types of businesses is critical when
My Advice: Research the companies to make sure they are a right fit for your financial needs, your educational needs, and support system that you will need throughout your online business journey.
5. You need to take action everyday!! This is what will bring you the RESULTS!!! If there is not ACTION taking place, then there is no movement in your business.
My Advice: You need to figure out what will bring you the results you want in your business. Stick to a plan. Write down your daily action strategies to keep you accountable to bring you the MONEY!! Because you can’t lean on a shovel and expect a hole!
6. Marketing System Strategy. This one is huge!!! Not a lot of online businesses or home businesses have this as part of their company. You absolutely need a marketing system in place to leverage the internet to attract people to YOU!! A marketing system will eliminate the “pitching your opportunity” to non interested prospects.
My Advice: 1st – Join a company that has this in place!! A marketing system will make your efforts a lot easier to attract more people to you or your business. Marketing is the #1 thing you need to implement in order to have a profitable business. Make sure you understand this system or at least have someone around that will assist you.
7. Your Sponsor – Is he/she someone you can trust? This is also huge!! You need to know that this person is someone that can teach, educate and coach you to allow yourself to become the success you want to be!
My Advice: Get as much information about your potential sponsor so you will feel more comfortable in making that very important decision. Talk to your sponsor and ask questions to make sure he/she will be there for you throughout your online business adventures.
So here’s the 7 things you need to know before starting an online business. There are some other factors to be aware of, but these are the top 7 you really need to be informed of before you make that big decision for yourself and you family.
I appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
That Awesome Internet Marketer