Have you ever wondered how you can go for a few long holidays a year without feeling guilty? If your current job is not paying well, you may get a higher pay job or work part-time to earn extra income to build your fund. Alternatively, you can start an internet marketing business while keeping your day job. It is much cheaper to start an online business as compared to a traditional business which requires a much higher start-up cost.
Before you start, you need to have: credit card/debit card, computer/laptop and internet access. You may consider mobile broadband as it is portable. You can conduct your business anywhere outside your home.
Here are some of the things that you need to do before and after you start your internet marketing business:
1. Select your niche market. Think of your passion/interest before you start looking for product to sell online. If your interest is in fashion, your niche market can be women’s apparel. You should not target at the general market. It is best to focus on a niche market as your resources will be effectively used to target at a specific group of customers.
2. Choose domain name. Your domain name is a place where people can find you and your product. It’s like a company’s address online. Your domain name should be simple, not too lengthy and easy to remember; preferably related to the niche market that you are going to enter. For example if your niche market is on weight loss, choose a domain name that is related to it. Do have a few names in mind before you register. Your choice of domain name is depended upon its availability.
3. Register domain name. Register your domain name with cheapdomain.com. For a start, choose the cheapest domain name to minimize operating cost. You can get a domain name for as little as USD8.99 a year.
4. Get a PayPal account. You need to apply for a PayPal account with PayPal.com to facilitate your online business transactions. It is free to open account and there is no monthly charge. As seller, the money you receive goes into your PayPal account. As buyer, you can choose to pay with your credit/debit card, or balance from your PayPal account.
5. Getting a Web Hosting Account. A domain name needs a physical location (hosting space) that it is connected to. Your web host provider is a company that gives you the permission to use its space to store your website, images, videos and email address, etc. Choose a reliable hosting company that get your website back online within 24 hours should your website go offline. HostGator.com is a company that provides good customer service supports.
6. E-mail Auto-responders. Pay a monthly subscription and get a good auto responder – Getresponse.com or Aweber.com. A good auto-responder is reliable and its administrative support is good. Once you’ve activated your auto-responder, anyone who sends you an email message, he/she will automatically receive a reply which you have saved in the system. You don’t need to send out email reply manually.
7. Create or look for product to sell. Create an eBook and a simple website to promote it through clickbank.com. You may look for affiliate product to sell at clickbank.com. Registration is free. You can also select product, obtain affiliate product link and follow-up emails to send to your subscribers. Put your follow-up emails in your auto-responder and send out reply automatically when someone sends you an email. Record your affiliate product link and use it for promotion in EzineArticles.com author’s resource box.
8. Marketing your product. You need to promote and drive traffic to your website. Writing articles for publication in EzineArticles.com is one of the ways to promote your affiliate product. Registration is free. Before writing an article, read the rules and regulations and ensure that the content of your article complied with them. Do you think by submitting one article a week is enough to promote your product? Obviously not! You need to write many articles before you can see results.
To succeed in internet marketing business, you need to be consistent in promoting your product. In addition to article writing, there are a few other marketing strategies which you can adopt to market your product online.
To learn more about how to market your product online using other marketing strategies, look for my product link in the author’s resource box and click on it. You may also go to inboxeasycash.com to claim your free eBook instantly.