Sure, you’re not addicted to the internet. You just enjoy surfing the web and checking web sites, don’t you.
Check how many of these internet addiction symptoms you have if you dare!
- You simply must log onto the internet first in the morning, even before you’ve brushed your teeth.
- You eat your meals or regularly snack whilst surfing the web.
- You check your emails every minute or two and start getting nervous if there are no emails to download because it’s so soon since you last checked them.
- You’ve got one or more instant messenger chat windows open at any given time.
- Hours pass whilst your surf the web yet it seems like minutes.
- Your social life takes second place to your mouse and keyboard.
- Sneaking onto the internet when others aren’t looking.
- Chatting online and surfing the web whilst you’re supposed to be doing work.
- You’re computer desk is surrounded by “stuff” because you haven’t had the time to clear things up – you’ve been too busy checking out the next “must see” website.
- You’ve never met your circle of friends in person – they’re all (or almost all) people you’ve met on the web.
- You check your Facebook page every few minutes, just in case you’ve got a new friend or someone’s poked you.
- Your first thought when you take a movie on your cell phone is “this would make a great YouTube video”.
- You fall asleep at the keyboard and get woken by the bleep of your instant messenger.
- Your first instinct when you meet someone face to face is to type them a message.
- The internet is your only form of “escape”.
The more of these symptoms of internet addiction that ring true for you, the more likely it is that you’re becoming addicted to the internet. Get help while you can!