Times have changed a lot, specially when we speak about communications. Back in the 80’s fax machines were the latest in technology to send documents over the phone lines. It was as easy as putting the document in the machine and dialing the fax number.
This new technology soon became available for small business at low prices, and it seemed to be a blessing, until Internet came. Now it is possible to send a fax over the Internet in a matter of seconds with total clarity and without extra costs of machine maintenance.
It is amazing how Internet has changes things again and more quickly than before, to the extent that the only thing you need to start in the World of faxing over the Internet is a computer and a connection to the Web.
Why is Fax Over the Internet Better?
– It saves you from fax machine costs (supply, maintenance, replacement
– You no longer need dedicated phone lines.
– Documents are sent faster and the results are clearer, a very important aspect of communications.
– You don’t have to worry about international phone lines.
– It is available for everyone, either through the use of software or fax Internet services.
– A better capability to broadcast documents.
How Does Fax Over the Internet Work?
It works just like sending an email, you can just scan or send directly a document, and a server or software will convert it to the TIFF format, compatible with any fax machine and software. It is simple to use, and doesn’t require any extra knowledge to start.