Most toolbars, especially in the Internet Explorer take up a lot of space, thus giving you lesser space to see websites and web pages. There is the Favorites bar, the Menu Bar, and sometimes, numerous third party toolbars that you decided to install. Having too many toolbars will fill up most of your viewing area. If you want to delete the third party toolbars, the easiest way you can do that is go to the Control Panel, click on the Add/Remove Programs, look for the toolbars you wanted to delete and then click on the Remove or Delete Program. However, if you want to delete the Favorites toolbar because you do not find it very useful for your internet use, then there are several ways you can do it.
You can easily hide your Favorites toolbar by doing the following step:
- Open your Internet Explorer application.
- Look for the ‘View’ tab. It is one of the tab included n your Menu bar.
- Click on the View menu. Look for and select the option for Toolbar.
- Mouse over on the Toolbar and you will see all that the Favorites toolbar is active. Uncheck it and you will see that the toolbar for Favorites will disappear.
If you decided that you want the toolbars that you just hide to appear again, the easiest way for you to do it is to press Alt on your keyboard. However, if you permanently want to delete the Favorite toolbar, you can use the Group Edit Policy feature of Windows. Group Policy is the set of rule that controls the things that users can be able to do and cannot be able to do in his computer system. It manages the working environment of the user and computer account of a certain PC. However, Group Policy Edit is compatible only on Windows Pro, Enterprise, Media Center and Windows Ultimate. Unfortunately, it is not available for Window XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
If you think your OS has Group Edit Policy, then here are the things you can do to delete your Favorites toolbar.
- Click the Start Button and look for Run.
- Click on the Run and type in ‘gpedit.msc’ on the window that will appear.
- Press the Enter button and it will open the Policy Editor.
- Look for the Computer configuration in the left pane part of the editor.
- Click on it and then select Administrative Templates.
- Search for the Windows Components, click on it and then look and select the Internet Explorer.
- Switch to the right pane of the editor and scroll down and search for the Turn off Favorites Bar.
- Just follow the simple directions that will come after and you will be able to delete your Favorites bar.
If you want to know more about toolbars and customizing and organizing your Toolbars, there are many other internet tutorials available. You can also search on forums and discussions for some tips about toolbars.