In any business, there are common mistakes that you should avoid at all cost. If you are new and just starting your own internet business, make sure that you stop doing these common mistakes. Not only will you save time, but you’ll likely to do the right things rather than making things right. Save yourself from correcting mistakes by avoiding them in the first place. Here several costly mistakes on online business:
1) Not having a plan – All the hoping and praying will not do you any good if you neglect this important step. Most beginners just dive into a situation they are not familiar with. Research and ask people who succeed in this line of business.
2) Not having a niche – You’ll be overwhelmed on just how many people are trying their luck with an internet business. Not everyone succeed. Mostly because they try to penetrate a saturated market. Don’t compete with a lion, if you’re only a tiny mouse. You are like to be eaten. Select your battles well and fight only battles you can win. The David and Goliath story required a miracle. You don’t need a miracle. You need a proven strategy that you would want to use over and over again.
3) Serving everyone- You can’t be the master of everyone. Unfortunately, this is one aspect that most beginners make. They think that by serving everyone increases their chance of profit. Contrary to the idea, you’ll be more successful if you serve a specific target market. You are likely to confuse your customers on what you actually specialize on if you try to serve everyone.
4) Busy website – No one will stop you from putting as many animations or effects on your website. However, putting unnecessary effects can increase the weight of your website. If your website requires a long loading time, people can easily move to another website. While your website is still loading, the customer might already have found what he/she looking for in another website.
5) Confusing Website – Don’t make your website an IQ test for your customer. People should easily find what they are looking for. They might get frustrated and look for the information they want from other websites.
6) Waiting for customers – A website is not enough for your online business. People need to see your website first before they start buying. Driving traffic to your website should be one of your major goals. Everything you did will be worthless if no one sees it.
7) Spamming – Did you like people sending you spam emails? I’m sure you don’t. So stop spamming other people. An internet business can survive and profit without irritating someone. Be sure not to be one of those people who run out created juices. I don’t know what’s going in their mind when they made the plan to spam people. Did they think that irritating people will be a good way to encourage them to buy or try their services/products? Where do spam mails go? Either in the junk folder or in the trash.