If it ever crossed your mind to start an internet home business, starting of as a broker is a quick and easy way to begin. Here’s a definition of the word “Brokering”
1. An individual or firm that charges a fee or commission for executing buy and sell orders submitted by an investor.
2. The role of a firm when it acts as an agent for a customer and charges the customer a commission for its services.
3. A licensed real estate professional who typically represents the seller of a property. A broker’s duties may include: determining market values, advertising properties for sale, showing properties to prospective buyers, and advising clients with regard to offers and related matters.
Brokers earn their salary based on a commission basis agreed between them and the merchant. This can become quite lucrative because the more sales one brings in, the more money for both the merchant as well as the broker.
The common Broker positions found offline are
- Real Estate – Intermidiary between Home Owner and Tenant
- Broker for an Investment firm – Sells insurance, investment plans, stock, options
- Ship/Cargo Broker – Sells ships for a ship owner to earn commission
Typically, individuals with good oratorical skills will fair well in these positions, because must of the closure of sales is based on verbal human interaction.
One less known style of broking is internet brokering. This is the new age of broking which unlike its predecessors has less face to face interaction. The services & products an internet broker markets are, internet based and accessed online. Or a merchant may choose to bring their business online and any referrals purchased through their website referred by you results in a commission that’s sent to your home by Check.
The internet broking business model is great for individuals who prefer less hard selling or verbal communication and tend towards a written style of communication such as email or blogging. So if you’re planning to start an internet home business, give brokering a try, you may find the commissions earned and type of work your cup of tea.