Unless you’ve been in a coma for the past month or so, you already heard ad nauseaum about the upcoming (Over-Hyped) fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.
This event known as the “Event of The Century” will immediately separate marketers into three categories.
#1. Those who wonder who’ll win the fight and spend money (directly or indirectly)
#2. Those who’ll wonder how to make money off the fight.
#3. Those who’ll just sit and wonder… what happened!
This article is in honor of those who want to be in the second group (#2). Number 1 and 3 you’re on your own.
Here’s a few ideas my team brainstormed that we’d like to share with you, hope they spark some profitable ideas.
Needless to say… whatever you do – you have to act fast! – By May 2, 2015
“Those who stay ready… don’t have to get ready”! –Good Luck
- Offer an affiliate or created product or service that enhances fight fan experience. Think convenience, easier or faster in a product or service you can offer the fight fan.
- Print unique T-shirts, caps or other accessories, with a catchy, humorous fight theme or saying. The more unique, clever, wild or outlandish the better. Be careful of copyright/trademark infringement.
- Create an online guide or list that helps fans find fight related stuff and monetize with affiliate links, AdSense or opt-in form. The closer to the fight the more fight fans (and those who write or blog about the fight) will need quick information at their fingertips.
- Create a webpage showing fans where to get the latest fight news and monetize with AdSense, affiliate links and opt-in form. In these final days… it will be a feeding frenzy of fans looking for fresh fight information.
- Offer fight themed freebie to build your list of boxing fans for future mailings. It could be anything from a customized poster, guide of unusual fact about the fighters, history of boxing’s biggest fights or even a newsletter.
- Offer boxing info targeted to wives/girlfriends who don’t know about boxing. Benefit? To help them watch more intelligently with mates or even increase chances of getting a date/ boyfriend.
- Write fight theme article(s) with a unique angle or twist (no one else has thought of… and sell to magazine, blog or website. They are consuming information like a bottomless pit.
- Make humorous or crazy fight-themed YouTube video and monetize.
- Collect “Best Fight Party Ideas” webpage and monetize with affiliate links, AdSense or optin form.
Good thinking, but don’t forget about “after fight money” to be made also. The possibilities are endless.
- Make a humorous or straight “what you thought of the fight” video and monetize.
- Make humorous after the fight theme t-shirts, caps, accessories.
- Write unique or humorous “after the fight” article and sell to magazine or blog.
Hope these help to spark some profitable ideas for you. Any other ideas, feel free to share. There’s tens of millions of fanatical people (with money in hand) who crave fight-related information, products and services… Right Now!
Hope “you” win score a profitable knock out punch too!