We are unquestionably dependent on computers and the communications devices and services that connect them. The number of computers and terminals at work in the world today is over 100 millions. The overwhelming need of organizations and their workers now is for connectivity, for integration, for ease of access information. On the other hand, as businesses are challenged by such forces as global competition, mergers. and acquisitions, information becoming the main sources to stay them “alive”. Thus, Internet become the main channel for the entire informations flow.
“Doing Business on the NET.” – On very rare occasions, technology dramatically transforms the way we live ourt lives; examples include the printing press, the automobile, and the fiber optic communications. The Internet, and more specifically its World Wide Web (WWW or the Web) Services, may be such a transforming technology. The Web has made an already expontentially growing phenomenon, the Internet, into an even faster growing one, causing the transformation and evolution.
Why does this Internet is potentially affect the entire industry? Is there any different modes of commerce on the Internet? Some research on the growing rate statistics on the Internet Users Growing Rate increased since year 2000. The statistics were updated 30th November,2007. It showed a user growth rate of 303.9%(2000-2007) in Malaysia itself.
However, there are still small percentage of Businesses does not go for Online Presence mainly because they have no idea how it works and lacking of confidence.
Following are some tips for small and large businesses to go Online:-
1) Be creative, but never cloud the purpose of your business with cleverness for its own sake.
2) Identity: be clear from the customer’s viewpoint about who you are and what you offer.
3) Take a pride in your expertise, but don’t try to push what customers don’t want.
4) Constantly look at what works for others, adapt and adopt the best that your creativity and budget can manage.
5) Build customer loyalty and you will build employee loyalty without effort
Deliver more than you promise.
6) Remember customer online are short on time and attention, not money. Do not generate “rubbish” on the Website.
7) Make it easy for people to search and buy online.
8) Be consistent. Ensure that your messages always reflect the image you want. Ensure that customer is never confused by conflicting messages.