So, you have decided to get a McAfee anti-virus program for your PC. It is always recommended to have a strong, active anti-virus program on in order to prevent your PC from malware attacks and save your personal and confidential information from being compromised. McAfee anti-virus is one among those great security programs that does a very good job in protecting your PC from malicious virus, spyware, and Trojan among other infections.
Since, you are downloading the program online, it is quite easy to follow the instructions and install it properly. However, one still might require some help with McAfee installation, reinstallation, update/upgrade, or virus removal among other things? These are common problems that a user may face if unaware of the precise steps.
- Open your internet browser and go to Mcafee Website Search for a free or paid version (depending upon your choice) from the list of anti-virus products.
- Download the latest and compatible version for whichever Windows viz. 7/Vista/XP you have. Remember, if you downloaded a version that was not designed for your Windows, it will not work. Check the website for compatible versions.
- Click on ‘Save‘ and save the file to your desired location viz. C:/ or desktop etc.
- When saved, there will be an icon on the desktop or your drive.
- Double click on the McAfee icon and click on ‘Run‘
- Follow the wizard instructions, and accept the license agreement by clicking on the bottom left hand box and click on ‘OK‘. If you want, you can read the agreement to check out what lies in it.
- When downloaded fully, McAfee will automatically update itself for latest virus definitions and scan your PC for viruses, spyware etc.
- When completed, McAfee will prompt you to restart your PC. Click on ‘Restart’ or ‘OK’ to restart the PC.
- The article describes the online download and installation procedure. However, if you have purchased a disc and want to install it that way, you can insert the disc into your PC’s drive and follow the instructions to install it.
- Always login as an administrator or you should have equivalent authorization to download, install, and modify the program.
- It is suggested that you regularly update your McAfee anti-virus program. Though, there is an automatic update feature in your McAfee program, but if you want, you can manually update it by clicking on the ‘Update‘ button.
- If you already had another anti-virus program or McAfee itself, then always uninstall (if you don’t want that program to stay in your PC) such program before installing the new McAfee program.
- It is recommended that you run virus scans regularly. It will not only protect your computer from malware infections but also enhance its speed and performance.