The most important aspect of any internet home based business is selling your product, service or information. To build sales, you must post an advertisement about your internet business ideas and products or services which has to be seen by potential, qualified buyers and cause them to react to the ad in some way. Their favorable reaction will enhance your internet home based business.
Ads work best when you…
· Know your prospect. Know who your prospect is, what kind of service/product your prospect really wants, and what kind of problems they’ll depend upon your internet home based business to resolve.
· Understand your service or product. Know your service or product of your internet home based business in terms of what the potential buyer is willing to buy, not what you’re offering to sell.
The best advertising concept is visual. Readers scan before they read, so you must catch them when they are scanning; otherwise you will not catch them. If your visual requires reading, the writing should serve as the headline; to have readable visual and a headline will confuse the readers and will minimize their visits to your internet home based business web site.
The followings are the ‘musts’ for an ad, the first two being universally accepted axioms:
1. An ad must be simple — and it must look and sound as if it’s indeed worth paying attention to about your internet business ideas.
· Clear. Clarity is essential. An ad must be understood and easy to read.
· Grammatical. An ad should be grammatically sound. The purpose of the rules of grammar is consistency, understanding and clarity.
R Verb and tense agreement should be sound.
R A breach of grammatical rules should be deliberate, and designed to serve a specific purpose or reason. (True, there are many examples of successful advertising of internet business ideas that are clearly ungrammatical.)
2. An ad must be complete — it must contain all the information you want to convey.
3. An ad must be about the customer — it must tell why the customer should care, not about a product or service or a company.
4. An ad must have a single focus — it must concentrate the attention on one internet business idea so that your message won’t be weakened and will be easy to remember.
5. An ad must attract, arouse curiosity, and persuade — it must not make your internet business ideas something which is ignored.
Practicing the above will improve your writing skills. I collect and study some good ads that stay for some time — they represent good examples of various internet business ideas because they work, as evidence why they are there. Remember that the better your ads writing to promote your internet business ideas, the more money you earn from your internet home based business.