Article marketing is a great way to increase traffic to your site while educating readers on specific topics. Over the last few years article marketing has expanded its reading audience from web marketers to anyone looking for an article on a particular subject. Today, you can find articles about anything from poker to cooking. This is a great tool to use especially if you enjoy writing articles.
The burning question for most first time article writers is what would interest my readers. Now you may be saying, "I do not know what they want to read." Just ask your customers. Market research will tell you an estimated amount of information about the market and their interests. Some may want how to guides, FAQ's, or just information on a particular subject. Once you have this information you can begin drafting your articles. During the writing process keep a few tips in mind:
- Create a catchy title and subject for your article. If your title is sub par many readers will think your article is as well.
- Structure your article so it is easy to ready. Use bullet points and make the layout exciting for the reader. You may want to use titles or subtitles to break up the content.
- Do a grammar and spell check. The spell check tool is not a new invention and nothing says unreliable like misspelled words. You want to create credibility and trust with your audience. It is very hard to do with a poorly written article.
Once you have written an article, you can submit it to other web sites, blogs, and eZines for free. While submitting, you can create a bio and links to your web site in a "resource box" on the submission form page. This information will appear at the end of your article and allow readers to find out more about you and your business. As you submit more articles you will see several benefits:
- Increased traffic – Submitting articles instantly increases your potential customer base. If you submit articles to large eZines you will likely see sudden increased traffic and sales.
- Establish yourself as an expert – If readers find information in your articles valuable they will over time respect and trust your views.
- Increase search engine rankings – By submitting quality articles, they have the potential to be placed on many sites that extremely point back to your web site.
- Cost Effective – Article marketing is practically free. It only costs the time to write and submit the articles. It may also be a better strategy since you have the potential to gain numerous link backs and articles generally stay on sites for years.
Remember article marketing is a cost effective and simple way to increase traffic to your site. Just keep in mind the above tips and benefits and you are sure to write successful and enjoyable articles.