Whether you are a successful business entrepreneur, new entrepreneur, or thinking of starting a business, you are probably aware of the fact that marketing and advertising plays a very big role in reaching out to potential customers and clients. Of course you also need products and services that are in demand in the consumer market. However, the success of your business lies in marketing. Marketing your business introduces your product/service to consumers and makes them aware that you exist for their needs. Without marketing, no matter how great your products/services are, you may not excel in sales because people are not aware you exist.
Marketing comes in many forms; television ads, radio ads, bulletin boards, flyers, newspaper ads, brochures etc. Such forms of marketing are very effective, but highly expensive; especially for new business owners.
Some effective ways to market inexpensively include distributing business cards and simply word of mouth (referrals). Such techniques do get people aware of your business, however you cannot really reach a massive audience.
With a technology focused society, one of the most inexpensive ways to market your business, while reaching a massive audience, is through the use of the internet. People are always online; and the truth is that most people perform product and service research online. Let’s examine some of the most popular marketing techniques entrepreneurs are using today:
Create a website/Blog– Creating a website for your business can be free, or cost a low monthly fee. Having a website allows people to visit your website when they search for the service/product you are offering. On your website, you can blog; meaning you can research and write articles that provide free advice to your visitors. This allows people to appreciate your site because you are offering a free service. This will also create trust; thus more people are more likely to visit your site again and trust your product/service. Additionally, through a website, you can reach people anywhere in the city, country, or world; increasing your leads. Increasing leads = increasing sales.
Now how do you actually get traffic to your website? You can do various things:
1. Pay per click ads – Pay another well-known website owner to place your ad on their website; every time someone clicks on your ad, you pay the website owner and get a lead in turn. How much to pay per ad? That is something you can negotiate with the website owner.
2. Create a YouTube channel (Free) – Discuss popular, relevant, and truthful topics in a video. Videos attract a lot of people. Creating a YouTube channel with content rich material will get people to appreciate you and visit your website.
3. Blog about RELEVANT and POPULAR KEYWORDS – Especially as a new blogger, blog about keywords that attract a lot of monthly searches, but have a low competition level. Writing about high competitive words won’t help you in ranking on the first few pages on search engines; as those spots will be taken by more experienced bloggers. Reality is, people tend to visit websites listed on the first 2 or so pages of search engines only… and YOU DO WANT THAT TRAFFIC! With time, you will learn all you need to know about ranking high on search engines, and will be able to target high competitive and highly popular keywords. There are many online systems available that can help you find low competitive, yet highly popular keywords. Some of these services are free, and some may cost a few dollars. One of the most popular free keyword tool is GOOGLE ADWORDS KEYWORD TOOL/PLANNER. When you are ready, you can invest in a paid service.
4. Create Back-links to your website – Spread the word over the internet that you exist. You can create back-links to your site by visiting sites that are relevant to you. For example, leave a nice comment on someone’s website and remember to insert your website link after. You can also write articles offering free advice and publish them on article directories. Again, write advice on things that are relevant to your business and then list your website in the end. People liking your work may visit your site. In addition, this will help your website in ranking higher because search engines will detect your website links in different and various places. Most article directories allow you to publish your article for free.
5. Invest in Internet Marketing Tools when you are ready to do so. Examples of such tools include sales pages and funnels that capture leads and make sales for you. Such tools market your website, advertise what you offer, and make sales for you. You can give your domain name to a paid service that will market your website for you (of course, when you are ready to do so!).
6. Advertise your website through social networking; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Stumble Upon, Pinterest etc. Once again, when you are ready, you can get paid services to post your materials on various social networking sites so you won’t have to do so manually every time you are writing a post on your blog/site.
Remember, in order to grow your business, you must invest back a certain amount of your earnings back in to it. Hope this article was beneficial!