NetherRealm has released patch 1.02 for its fighting game Mortal Kombat X, the developer has announced.
The patch includes new costumes for a few fighters, including a classic skin for the ice-wielding ninja Sub-Zero. More importantly, the patch makes a few gameplay changes, which are listed below.
- General – Throws (regular or command grabs) will no longer sometimes connect on a grounded reacting opponent off a counter hit
- Shinnok (Impostor) – He can now control the location of a stolen Goro Stomp.
- Subzero (Grandmaster) – Combos on a grounded opponent frozen by the Ice Klone will now scale properly.
- Takeda (Ronin) – Added a new move “Quick Kall” (Down, Towards, Front Punch) which quickly returns a dropped blade without doing an attack.
- Takeda (Shirai Ryu) – He will now always teleport to the other side when doing the Air Shirai Ryu Port
In case you missed it, yesterday NeatherRealm released a patch on PC that fixed several issues, and granted an extra 10,000 Krypt Koins to all PC players for their patience on launch day.
On Twitter, NetherRealm creative director Ed Boon said that the patch should also improve performance on PC.
Mortal Kombat X launched earlier this week, and though he didn’t share specific numbers, according to Boone it was the biggest launch in the franchise’s history.
Mortal Kombat X is currently available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and mobile devices. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions of the game have been delayed and will arrive this summer.
For more on Mortal Kombat X, check out GameSpot’s review in progress and what other critics are saying.