With the departure of Hideo Kojima in the Konami wagon, the fate of the much anticipated horror game is done after Konami officially announced the cancelation of “Silent Hills'” release date.
In an official report by Kotaku, Konami announced the end of the game, which led the disappointment of expected director and actor Guillermo Del Toro and “The Walking Dead” star Norman Reedus’ involvement in the project.
Like Us on Facebook
“Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued,” Konami said.
Reedus went on by saying that he was really excited for the project after appearing in the teaser the studio released last year.
“Super bummed about this was really looking forward to it,” Reedus said. “Hopefully it’ll come back around. Sorry everyone.”
Furthermore, after the P.T. (Playable Teaser) was removed from the PlayStation store last Thursday, fans were still staying positive about the situation, as some of them took their on an online petition to bring the game back to life.
A Change.org petition is crying out loud to Kojima Productions to get the work done and continue with the game.
The fans said that if there was ever a problem financially, they would start a kickstarter campaign to crowd fund the game and possibly turn the game back into life.
“If the issue is money related, we would love to see a crowdfunding campaign like Kickstarter to ensure you are getting all the financial help there is!”
© 2015 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.