Sleep number beds use technology to harness air and provide adjustable comfort for each person who sleeps on the bed. Since the average person spends and one third of their life in bed, finding the most comfortable bed for restful sleep is critical to happiness. Air technology beds offer adjustable firmness for finding the superior comfort a person needs for comfortable nights sleep.
The design of these beds provides an individual air bladder control for a person to adjust the amount of air pressure in the bladder to suit their own comfort level. The construction of the beds provide for unchanged sleeping in the event of power loss or unintentional unplugging of the mattress firmness control. Additional construction features include:
- Combination of natural and latex rubber – 24 gauge
- Heat bonded seams for strength
- Non-stretch cotton to prevent cracking and leaking
- Puncture resistant
- I-beam baffle system for natural spinal alignment
- Durability and strength, tested to 1000 lbs
Sleep number beds are available in dual air chamber sizes for independent adjustable comfort, such as:
- California King
- Grand King
Additionally they are available in single air chamber sizes:
- Twin Extra-long
One manufacturer offers five separate models of sleep number beds to meet most everyone’s personal comfort needs. These models are available in twin through California king sizes and include:
- Sleep Number 3000 which is a plush style 9 inch mattress with a 1 inch layer of quilted foam. It uses a non-digital firmness control for selecting the firmness setting.
- Sleep Number 4000 uses a European pillow top style on a 10 inch mattress. It uses a wired digital remote for each air chamber.
- Sleep Number 5000 uses the European pillow top style on an 11 inch mattress. It uses a lighted digital remote for each air chamber.
- Sleep Number 7000 uses a Duvet style pillow top on a 13 inch mattress. It uses a whisper quiet digital remote with real-time display of adjustments, along with memory settings.
- Sleep Number 9000 uses the Duvet style pillow top on a 14 inch mattress, along with a 2 inch memory foam on each air chamber. It uses the whisper quiet digital remote with real-time display of adjustments, along with memory settings.
Reviews of sleep number beds are mixed. After reading over 200 reviews by owners of these beds, there seems to be two camps. There are those who love and cannot sleep without them. Then there are those who are not happy with the bed. So anyone who is thinking about purchasing one of these beds needs to do their homework and ensure this style of bed is what they want.
Source by Martin Applebaum