Technology has permeated every industry and created a new world. There are many areas that have been greatly influenced by the use of technology. A lot of enhancement and productivity has been realized as a result. Though there are many views, both negative and positive, about technology, the bottom line is the impact it has had on many growing industries.
There are many ways to classify the ways in which technology is utilized. To provide an understandable approach, we will list them as types of technology. These include;
• Medical technology – this refers to more than just procedural methods used to treat patients during surgery or for life support. Medical technology goes outside hospital surroundings. There are those who need medical attention even in their homes or whilst working so as to carry on their daily activities effectively. Individuals with hearing impairments can have this corrected through the use of cochlear implants. Those who have missing limbs – legs, arms – can get implants as well and go about life normally. Seniors sometimes run short of breadth thus they need oxygen supply which is also available. Medical technology supports and ensures continuity of life.
• Administrative technology – this basically refers to equipment and other resources used to support everyday undertakings in offices and office buildings. These include printers, photocopiers, fax machines, telephones, industrial vacuum cleaners, etc.
• Instructional technology – this encompasses technologies that are used to teach, learn and communicate certain ideas effectively. These include television, computers, computer software, the internet, videotapes and video recording devices, among others. All these are necessary because they deliver information and communicate in different ways. Each technology is utilized based on the subject matter and the intended result.
• Assistive technology – this is vital in society. It is primarily used to assist those within the community who have disabilities, whether a learning disability, physiological or psychological. This type of technology utilizes specialized equipment, teaching materials and services that will enable these individuals perform and function within their surroundings.
• Information technology – this is to instill knowledge through use of vital resources and materials. The most utilized form of information technology currently is the internet.
The above mentioned technologies can be used independently or together. They are all necessary and important for the development of a community and a nation as a whole. However, over reliance on technologies should be observed. They are meant to assist us develop not vegetate and become inactive. Through the use of aforementioned technologies, we should grow, cultivate ourselves and our environment.
Source by Himanshu Joshi