Whether it is for personal or business use, the formula to create web page is difficult to master. Although it is easy to generate visibility through the World Wide Web, it does propose a big challenge to the non-technically skilled. But the good news is that there are necessary guidelines that are conveniently available online. These would help get you started.
To create web page, there are three important rules that you should take note of. One is to have a useful content. Another is to make the design work. Finally, make sure that the content and form work as one.
1. Create content. Prepare a text document for the page’s content. This step will require basic knowledge of HTML or HyperText Markup Language. It translates plain text documents into something that is recognizable through the World Wide Web. To aid the understanding of HTML, viewing samples online will greatly help. Just visit any web page, right click the page itself and choose the option to View Source. This will then open a separate window, a text document with that will show how HTML is encoded.
2. Designing the look. The content has to be presented in such a way that will attract attention. A web page’s design is just as important as its content. And the following are the building blocks in creating design: structure or layout, color, font and multimedia content which should all work in harmony.
- Structure and layout. The goal of every web page is easy navigation. Organization is key. By separating images from the text will solve clutter issues. Moreover, an outline or directory of content will create a neat and professional look for the page.
- Color. The online world is not only highly visual, it is also fast paced hence making a big first impression in 2-4 seconds is very important. Color plays a vital role in this aspect. A formula to success is color testing to allow adjustments with color combinations to achieve the desired hue and brightness that will enhance the look much further.
- Font. Use fonts that are universal or common to all. Although it may be exciting to use new and uncommon fonts, not everyone has them. And when the viewer doesn’t have the font on his/ her computer, the look of the page is compromised.
- Interactive content. Multimedia files such as audio and video are more likely to get attention. They make the page interesting to an otherwise bland presentation.
3. Content and form as one. This step shall serve as glue to the content and design. To make sure that both work coherently and mix well necessary testing needs to be performed. The first step is to save the HTML integrated document then open a browser. To view how the page will exactly look like, click File and choose Open File or Open Local. And make the necessary corrections and adjustments.
Nothing is as easy as one two three. But with imagination, creativity, patience and perseverance, even the technically-challenged can create web page of their own.