Most people know what a domain is and what it is for, but are you aware of a sub-domain and what is its key objective? A sub-domain is a form of a domain that is part of a larger domain. It is the second level of a domain. Not many people know what a sub-domain is, and whether is it good or bad for their business. Now, let us get some insights of sub-domain and the advantages as well as disadvantages around it.
Here are some of the key benefits with web sub-domains:
1. Sub-domains rank efficiently well as a lot of search engines are not prejudiced towards the ranking of sub-domains.
2. A sub-domain is just a smaller website within the main website. It is a good and easy way to differentiate the different facets or divisions of your business without the need to spend additional bucks to get yourself additional domain names.
3. In addition to that, as the site admin, you can choose a sub-domain name that fits the contents of your specific division and make good use of the available keywords which is easy to remember and understand.
4. Creation of a sub-domain is an effective alternative way where one may expand his or her website without the need to incur any additional cost.
5. By incorporating the name of the main domain into the sub-domain, a top sub-domain can help to drive the majority of the online traffic to your main domain by utilizing the same keywords. One can also help to redirect traffic from a particular sub-domain to another sub-domain, within the same main site. This normally happen when the original sub-domain is inaccessible as it is under constructions or if there is a huge surge on incoming traffic to any specific sub-domain.
6. Having multiple sub-domains are useful if there are more than one user on your hosting account who need to have their own web space. By adding the prefix before the domain helps to call out the specific sub-domain for different user, it provides a good visionary identification of which users have their own website. Large corporations usually use sub-domain names to differentiate their different products/services, by creating a different URL, within your same main hosting account.
7. Having sub-domains is a great way to get your larger site to be divided into smaller and manageable sites so that visitors can navigate through these smaller sub-domains easily. These web sub-domains make it easier for their clients and web surfers for they only need to access to that specific sub-domain site and without the need to go through the main page.
8. Some online companies give out free sub-domain to their visitors to create their own page on the site, this is one of the easiest ways to start a website where you are allowed to post, corresponds, and make profits by utilizing these free sub-domains effectively and wisely.