Happy Friday, Colorado Springs! These are the most important things going on in town today.
First, today’s weather:
Rain and drizzle in the a.m.. High: 54 Low: 32.
Here are the top three stories in Colorado Springs today:
- A $130 million investment is bringing high-speed internet to all of Colorado Springs. According to an announcement by Metronet on Thursday, “businesses and residents throughout the City of Colorado Springs will soon have access to Metronet’s ultra-high-speed 100 percent fiber optic internet.” The investment will elevate the city among the country’s so-called internet elite. (KKTV)
- Thursday marked 14 years since a Colorado Springs woman was reported missing. 22-year-old Bekime (Becky) Elshani, who is described as a white female with blue eyes, 5’5″ tall, and weighing 155lbs, was reported missing by her father on Mar. 31, 2008, to the Colorado Springs Police Department. The family does not believe she is still alive, however, they hope someone in the community knows what happened to her. (FOX21News.com)
- A Colorado Springs woman is one of many to fall victim to gas theft. At around 8:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning, Kayleigh Desousa discovered her gas tank had been drilled into by thieves, who had left a green bucket underneath her Jeep Liberty to collect the gas before being scared off by a neighbor. According to The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, close to 40 people have reported a gas theft in 2022 already. They recommend buying a locked gas cap for your car. (KOAA News 5)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in Colorado Springs:
- First Friday Downtown, At Downtown Partnership Of Colorado Springs (5:00 PM)
- Film In The Community – The Queen Of Basketball, At (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Check out these five new homes for sale in the Colorado Springs area. (Colorado Springs Patch)
- Colorado first-time homebuyer realtor Haley Jones shares some tips home buyers in Colorado Springs should know about before making an offer. (FOX21News.com)
- Here are six things to do this weekend around Colorado Springs and beyond, including a bike swap, train show, and more. (Colorado Springs Gazette)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Colorado Springs Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
That’s it for today! I’ll see you around.
— Danielle Fallon
About me: Danielle Fallon is a writer who loves using her creativity to fuel her passion for communication. She is an employee of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with community newsletter curation. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.