Finding a good man anywhere is difficult to do, but it seems like it’s especially hard to find one online. Part of the problem is very few good men use the internet to find women they want to be romantically involved with, while a lot of bad guys prefer to fish for women online. You can find good men online if you follow these ten rules of successful online dating.
1. Don’t hit on men based on their online photos. Many trolls fake their photos either by posting pictures of completely different men or using an image editing program to tweak their pictures to make them look better.
2. Be careful of profiles that sound too good to be true. Chances are, if they sound too good, they’re probably lying.
3. Don’t post pictures of yourself in revealing clothing or in a bathing suit. This will attract all the wrong men to your online profile.
4. Don’t sound desperate in your profile. Don’t say anything about looking for a man to settle down with and make babies, even if that is precisely what you are looking for.
5. Steer clear of chat rooms that focus on sex or are about hooking up. Of course, you might find this kind of conversation in general chats, too, but it will be far less than the kinds of things you’ll find in rooms specifically about sex. Bad guys frequent these online chat rooms to see who they will pick up for a one night stand.
6. Make liberal use of the ignore lists. Most chat rooms and dating sites have the option to ignore specific users. If someone is spamming you or saying things you find annoying, don’t hesitate to ignore them.
7. Use age filters to cut out men you find too old or too young for you. No point in even seeing their profiles if you know you won’t date them.
8. If you want a man that has certain religious beliefs, then be sure that you state that in your online profile so that you can weed out the kinds of men you don’t want.
9. Read through his entire profile before you email him. If he doesn’t sound like someone you would talk to in real life, don’t talk to him online.
10. Never fall for a that is eager to get together with you without getting to know you better. If you meet a man online and he starts talking out sex within the first week, then you know you have the wrong guy.