My biggest problem when I got started in the Internet Marketing business was choosing a niche market to target.
The number 1 fatal mistake many internet marketers made was to choose a product then find a market to target. WRONG!
Here are some tips to help you find a niche market for your internet marketing business:
1. Before you find a niche market, first have a think about things you can research. Do you have a hobby that you might be able to create an internet business with? Think about your offline business. Can it work online? Do you have skills you can teach for money? What have you been successful with in the past? Are you good at article writing? Are you terrible? What are you good at? Have you experienced things in your life that might help others?
2. Now think about what kind of problems people have that might be related to the areas you thought of in the previous step.
3. Go to various sites that have groups, like Google Groups, Yahoo and even Myspace. See if there are groups on that same subject. Read about what people are saying on the subject. Are they asking specific questions that need to be answered?
4. Research keywords – how often are your selected keywords being searched? How much competition is there? Google has a free keyword tool you can use.
5. Visit forums and ask if people would be prepared to pay for a solution.
These are just 5 of many ideas to help you find a niche market – there are LOTS more but this should get you started!
No matter what you do, it is important you do your research first. It would be a shame for you to set yourself up, only to find there’s no market for the product you want to sell. What a waste of time.
So save yourself some valuable time and do your research first.