I will admit it. I have done some stupid things to impress women. I have done many things I would never have done like, bungee jumping and sky diving. Some of the experiences have been good, other have been quite embarrassing. The thing is hopefully we grow and learn from our mistakes. I present to you a list of five stupid things guys often do to impress women. I have personally done four of the five. None of them work, trust me.
The stupid things guys do to impress girls
1. Drink too much. One or two drink can help you relax and feel confident, but it is hard to tell when confidence slips into stupidity. You may feel like king of the world but you come off like a drunken fool. Being hammered never helps a guy attract women it is one of the most stupid things guys can do to impress girls. For the real drunk guys: throwing up on her shoes, will not impress.
2. Getting into fights over a girl. This can often be tied to number one. It is stupid. Yes I promote trying your best to be an “Alpha Male”, but this does not mean you have to beat down another chimp for staring at your girl. Even worse, it does not work often. If you get your ass kicked you lose status. If you beat up the other guy you come off as a jerk. A real lose-lose situation. Take the other guys interest as a compliment and use your charm and rules of attraction to make sure that you beat him where it matters, getting her.
3. Tattoos with names. This is just plain stupid. Unless the name is “mom” even if you fall in love and get married there is a 50% chance you will not be with her in 10 years. When I am 70, if I have been married for 30 years, I might debate getting my wife’s name tattooed on. Short of that, it is plain dumb.
The are art of lying (badly) It does not impress
4. Lying. So you walk into a bar and you tell her are a famous Hollywood producer or that you work for the FBI. These are doomed to failure. I have a friend, we call “Kodak”, who does stuff like this all the time (The Great American Story Teller- get it… perhaps those commercials may be too old) it never works. It is one thing to puff up your status a bit. But any lies should be minor and harmless or you will fail.
5. If you don’t know, fake it. I still find myself guilty of this sometimes. No one wants to be out of the loop. If you go to an art gallery you might want to throw out BS like you know what you are talking about. If there is a discussion of a band you have never heard of you might want to chime in with your opinions. It is hard not to. This is dangerous territory though, you can easily come off as foolish. Better to ham up your ignorance and let her explain things to you. It will make her feel good and give her time to talk.