FTC is offering 60 days of free internet service and free installation to homes that have children in need of internet to continue their learning online while school is out during the coronavirus pandemic.
To be eligible, homes must be the primary home of a student in kindergarten through high school, technical school, college or graduate school; a new customer that has not been an internet customer with FTC for the past 90 days; and a primary home located in FTC’s service area.
Orders can be taken over the phone at 888-218-5050, and the internet service provider, which is headquartered in Kingstree and serves Sumter, Lee, Clarendon, Williamsburg and lower Florence counties, is waiving the normal security deposit process. The service does not have data caps or hidden fees, according to a news release from Chip Chase.
The service is currently planned to be available for new customers through March 31. The program will be re-evaluated at that time.
Services for current customers will also not be suspended during this crisis due to non-payment.
“The Cooperative understands its services are vital to staying connected to work, school, loved ones and to receiving updates related to the virus,” the release said.
Those who are unable to pay their bill due to economic conditions related to the virus are asked to call 888-218-5050 to discuss their situation and set up a payment plan if necessary.
Reach a customer service representative Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Call 888-218-5050, and press “4” when prompted.
- Visit www.ftc.net and begin a chat session by clicking on the bottom right of the screen.
- Text 843-FTC-TEXT (843-382-8398).
- Email email@example.com.
Report a repair request 24/7
- Call 611 from any FTC phone or call 888-218-5050 and press “3” when prompted.
- Those who pay their account online may report a repair request through the FTC website at www.ftc.net.
Bill pay options 24/7
- Call 888-218-5050, and press “1” when prompted.
- Access your account online at www.ftc.net.
- Use payment drop depositories available at each FTC store with the exception of the Johnsonville location.
Website of source