With the advent of technology, new methods of online payments are getting increasingly popular.
In case there is a situation when a user does not have access to the internet, it may seem impossible to make online payments. Thankfully, it is still possible to UPI transactions without the internet. To make UPI transactions without the internet, the user’s mobile number must be registered with UPI and the bank account must be linked to the same mobile number. Additionally, a fee of Rs 0.50 is charged for every such payment is made.
Here is how you can make UPI payments without access to the internet
1. Open the dialler on your device.
2. Dial *99# from your registered mobile number. You will then be redirected to a new menu comprising of options such as ‘My Profile’, ‘Send Money’, ‘Receive Money’, ‘Pending Requests’, ‘Check Balance’, ‘UPI PIN’, and ‘Transactions’.
3. Next, you will need to select the option ‘Send Money’ by pressing number 1 in the text field on your dial pad. You will then need to choose whether you want to send money via your bank account number,
4. If you choose UPI, then you will need to enter the beneficiary’s UPI ID. On the other hand, if you go for the phone number option, you will need to enter the mobile number of the user you are sending the money to. Users who select the bank account option will need to input the 11-digit IFSC code and the recipient’s bank account number.
5. You will then need to enter the amount you wish to transfer to the other recipient’s bank account
6. Enter your UPI PIN number. Select ‘send’ to complete the transaction.