There are many reasons why you might be asking the question – ‘How to make money on the internet”. The problem is – it is quite a difficult question to answer in some senses. Of course it is possible and many, many thousands of people do just that – but in a huge variety of ways. To many people it is just a convenient way to expand their businesses selling their goods and services to a wider audiences.
But if you have a 9-5 job and no particular speciality service to supply – can you make money on the Internet? The answer is a definite yes – however the main problem is that it is much easier to find ways to “not make money on the internet!”
So let me start you with some possible avenues to explore –
- Sell an existing skill such as graphic design, translation, writing sales letters or coding – many companies will pay for all sorts of specific skills – check out rentacoder, elance or similar online agencies
- Filling in surveys – yep you can get paid for these. There are many bogus ones though and don’t pay out any money to access paid surveys. Try searching for Yougov, Ciao who will pay you for reviews, surveys etc.
- Affiliate Marketing – a huge area – basically you promote products and services for businesses and get commission for every sale you send them. Every big company has a scheme and you can post links on free blogs, websites or even forum posts in your signature – search on Amazon associates or Affiliate schemes to find out more
- PPC – pay per click – those little ads at the side of search results can be bought by anyone. If you pay 10c for a click and one in twenty buys the product and earns you $20 you’ve made a big profit. You don’t even need you own site just send the click to the merchants website with your code attached and you get the sale. Search for PPC advertising or read about ‘adwords’ on googles site. Beware although you could make instant money with this method – you can also lose a lot.
- Write an eBook – have an interest or specialist knowledge about something. Anyone can write an electronic book an market (or get a marketer) to sell it for your. No printing costs, risks – many ebooks sell thousands and are simply downloaded.
- Learn SEO – Search engine optimisation is a valuable skill online – the art of optimizing a web site to appear higher in the search engine rankings. It can all be learned online with study and then you can offer to optimize people web sites online.
The possibilities are literally endless to make anything from a little pocket money to huge sums. Invariably to make a fortune you’ll need a great idea, work very hard or just get lucky – its pretty much like real life.
What you do have to be careful about in searching how to make money on the internet – is getting ripped off by people trying to sell you ‘millionaire money making schemes’ Just remember people don’t sell schemes that make money with no effort – it would not make sense.
There are genuine ways of going straight to an excellent on-line income but they require effort and dedication.