What is Internet?
Ans.Network of all networks is called internet.
What is computing?
Ans.Computing means to compute something or value.Computing is also defined as the activity of using and improving computer technology, computer hardware, software and digital calculations.
Internet Computing Science:
The Internet was the result of some visionary thinking by people in the early 1960s that saw great potential value in allowing computers to share information on research and development in scientific and military fields. The development of the Internet has been the most important innovation in computing since the origins of the field itself. All the evidence suggests that the Internet will continue to grow and evolve for the foreseeable future as the technology becomes increasingly significant. The current and anticipated growth, in the use of the Internet has been accompanied by a corresponding growth in the demand for graduates with Internet related skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Computer Science in general, and Internet Computing in particular.
- A good understanding of how to recognize and critically analyze criteria and specifications appropriate to problems to be solved by computer, and plan innovative strategies for their solution.
- Knowledge of the criteria and mechanisms whereby traditional and Internet base computer systems can be critically evaluated and analyzed to determine the extent to which they meet the criteria defined for their current and future development.
- A deep understanding of the appropriate theory, practices, languages and tools that may be deployed for the specification, design, implementation and evaluation of both traditional and Internet based software systems.
- Present succinctly (orally, electronically or in writing) rational and reasoned arguments that address a given problem to be solved by computer.
- Person will learn depth understanding of the field of Internet computing and related sub-fields.
The program is directed at all career opportunities but specifically:
- Database Administrator
- Database Programmer
- Database Designer
- Object Oriented Programmer
- Hardware Analyzer etc.