MORRISVILLE – Lenovo is rolling out today a new suite of back-to-work solutions focused on Internet of Things capabilities to help businesses reopen offices and operations despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. And the group coordinating the efforts is based in the Triangle where Lenovo operates one of its two headquarters as well as its server business group.
“For the past decade IoT solutions have promised great results but haven’t delivered,” said John Gordon, Lenovo’s President of Commercial Internet of Things. “Our purpose is simple – to overcome the logistical challenges of IoT systems to make them practical at scale.
“As the [No.] 1 PC maker, Lenovo is in the unique position to understand what it takes to manage electronic components spread around the world. We build on our global strength in services and supply chain and layer on industry-first IoT management software and a proven partner ecosystem to help customers finally get the value they’ve always wanted from IoT, quickly, and hassle free.”
The suite is called ThinkIoT Back to Work Solutions.
Offering includes technology designed to:
- Control who gets into the location
- Manage behaviors within the space; and
- Prepare to respond to incidents
Included are what Lenovo describes as “a set of end-to-end, pre-tested and validated IoT solutions incorporating carefully selected and proven hardware and software partners.” Those include including CXApp, Inpixon, L Squared, Openpath, Relogix, and Viper Imaging.
Here’s how Lenovo defines the offerings:
- Touchless Building Access: Modern access control that allows touchless access, phone-based authentication, easy cloud management, and integrations with legacy access control systems and IoT solutions. (Openpath)
- Elevated Temperature Screening: Thermal screening solutions using U.S. Food and Drug Administration cleared thermal cameras to identify elevated body temperature in individuals as they go through access points. (Viper Imaging)
- Digital Signage and Policy Communication: Integrated digital communication and content management solution to effectively communicate policies and information to your workforce. (L Squared)
- Safe Workspace Monitoring: Office occupancy monitoring solution with granularity to a seat level to comply with social distancing protocols and identify workspace utilization for target cleaning. (Relogix)
- On-Premise Contact Tracing: Employee and visitor tracing using existing Wi-Fi network to monitor workspace zone health and enable a focused response in the event of an incident. (Inpixon)
- Customers can choose what’s most important to them and mix and match solutions based on their desired outcomes. Lenovo serves as the one-stop shop for deploying and managing these Back to Work Solutions.
Website of source