The Mid Career Fellowship is a unique opportunity that offers 15 Fellows unparalleled access to world-class educational institutions and experts in a seven-month program, from June through December. It equips global mid career Internet champions with the knowledge, skills, and tools to enable inclusive, innovative, holistic, and strategic leadership.
The fellows work throughout five modules which have live lectures and assessments, and culminate in a symposium to showcase the work they’ve completed. The program also includes seminars on trends, such as digital geopolitics and leadership in VUCA environments, practical case studies and cross-sector networking.
The core content areas covered are: the Internet Critical Properties and Enablers, Digital Transformation and Key Internet Issues, Digital Futures and Strategic Foresight, Systems and Design Thinking, and Leadership and Decision-making.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
Candidates must be mid career professionals in leadership roles, working in the Internet ecosystem in a technical, policy, economic, or social capacity. They are welcome to apply if they:
- Have at least 10 years of relevant experience, including leading or managing teams and/or projects, in the Internet space in a technical, policy, economic, societal, or other capacity.
- Currently work in a position/organization that is addressing digital challenges or facing digital disruption and transformation.
- Want to solve problems, work in multi-stakeholder and multi-disciplinary teams, and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Want to ensure that the Internet remains open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy.
In addition, candidates must:
- Have reliable access to broadband Internet connection and relevant devices.
- Be able to fully participate in the seven-month experience which requires a commitment of approximately six hours a week.
- Have a proficiency level in verbal and written English.
- Be Internet Society members
How to Become a Fellow