DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
SPECIAL SCIENTIST (RESEARCH) POSITION
Title: Special Scientist (Research)
No. of Position(s):1 (full-time)
Category: Contract until 10/5/2023
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The research laboratory of Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) (https://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/seit/) of the Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, announces 1 (one) full-time Special Scientist (Research) position in Web Engineering for the SocioCast project of the Cooperation Programme Interreg V-A Greece-Cyprus 2014-2020, co-funded by the European Union (ERDF) and national funds of Greece and Cyprus under the grant agreement No 5050709.
SEIT focuses its research activities on Software Engineering and Internet Technologies.
The candidates are expected to be highly-motivated individuals with proven capability to work in a demanding multi-disciplinary research environment and eager to be actively engaged in the demanding activities of European projects, collaborating efficiently with the SEIT team:
- Candidates should be graduates in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or relevant scientific field.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering processes (Agile development, Git).
- Master degree and/or PhD will be considered an advantage.
- Work Experience on software engineering.
- Existing experience in project management will be considered an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will work on the SocioCoast project. SocioCoast aims to enhance the experience of the visitors to beaches in Cyprus and Greece. It will offer a number of tools for the provision of additional information to the visitors, managing environmental data, while utilising open data and data coming from the visitors. In the framework of the project, the candidates will undertake the following tasks among other activities (the official language of the project is the Greek language):
- Implementation of a knowledge platform containing data on the status of beaches and the coastline.
- Evaluation of the platform with end users.
- Project management activities and reporting.
- Communication and dissemination activities.
- Moderate travelling is needed (depending also on travel restrictions).
The position is on a contract basis until 10/5/2023. The monthly gross salary will be in the range €1340.30 – €2071,37 for full time employment depending on qualifications and expertise. For part time employment, this amount will be adjusted accordingly. Employee contributions will be deducted from the above amount. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus.
nterested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to: Dr. Georgia Kapitsaki, email: email@example.com (cc Dr. Maria Papoutsoglou, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cover letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included).
- Copies of transcripts of bachelor/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons that can provide references.
Application deadline is the 25th of April 2022.
If candidates are not available for full employment, employing more than one candidate on a part-time basis will be considered.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact the project’s coordinator: Dr. Georgia Kapitsaki (email@example.com).