If you want to join the growing numbers of internet millionaires, your best bet is to learn from the best. The trail to success has been blazed by thousands who have come before you, and their achievements can teach you how to make millions with your own internet business. These successful millionaires have many traits in common that you, too, can cultivate. Here are the top 5:
1. Internet millionaires don’t play the “Blame Game.” Those who are not internet millionaires have a tendency to blame someone else for problems and failures. Millionaires, on the other hand, take every difficulty, every failure as a lesson. They take advantage of every opportunity to learn something new – even from their own mistakes. They don’t waste time dwelling on blame. They learn how to avoid the mistake the next time, and they keep moving forward.
2. Internet millionaires are decisive and action-oriented. They don’t waste months mulling over possibilities and strategies. When they see an opportunity, they jump on it immediately, taking quick, decisive action. One such successful businessman has said that internet millionaires “go first.” They make things happen. They certainly don’t give someone else the chance to get the jump on them!
3. Internet millionaires trust their intuition and their gut. They trust themselves when making quick decisions. If something feels right, they go for it. Cyberspace is a fast-moving, ever-changing world, and you can’t afford to spend a great deal of time thinking about a decision. If you do, someone will beat you to it, and the next thing you know, your idea will be old news.
4. The internet millionaire is single-focused. They focus on their business or niche. That’s not to say they don’t focus on all of the aspects of their business. This can mean attending marketing seminars, selling their products on eBay, researching search engine traffic, writing articles, building their customer lists, and capitalizing on joint ventures and pay-per-click advertising. But all of these actions have the same goal and are focused on the same vision – expanding and building their core business.
The bankruptcy model, on the other hand, is someone who has a core business but is also a real estate investor or who sells 200 unrelated products on the internet. This kind of scattered action will only pull you away from your vision and your financial goals.
5. Internet millionaires are primarily marketing focused. A billionaire once said to me, “Matt, if you want to make a decent income, then you sell products and services. But if you want to become insanely rich, then you create and control markets.” All of Microsoft’s top executives have a marketing background. Bill Gates was a marketing major at Harvard, and he knows marketing is what it’s all about.
It doesn’t matter what kind of business you have, the key to your business is internet marketing. You can have a better product or service than the next guy, but if he’s better at marketing, he’ll beat you every time. If you don’t find hot and hungry people to come after your products and services, it doesn’t matter if you have the best product since sliced bread. People have to know about it, and they have to want it!
How can you start today to cultivate these characteristics and add your name to the list of internet millionaires?