Any home owner getting ready to sell a house in this real estate market needs all the help he or she can get. And there is plenty of help online in the form of ideas and tips for home sellers.
This article will go through the top ten things to do to get your house ready to sell and then discuss the need for an overall marketing strategy which takes advantage of internet marketing methods. Many internet marketing ideas are new within just the past year so most Realtors don’t know about them.
The Top Ten Things To Do To Make Your Home Sell Faster
- Get a custom website made just for your house, and separate it from other home listings. You will use the web address in all advertising you do.
- Learn how to get Google, Yahoo, and MSN to send you hundreds of interested buyers for no charge.
- Take high quality photos of the front of the home, and every room of the house with plenty of light, and get a virtual tour using all photos.
- Make customized paper flyers that describe the house in detail and also post them online and email them.
- Use direct mail marketing to targeted mailing lists (those most likely to buy your house). This can be postcards or flyers.
- “For Sale” signs outside are important, not just in front but all around the area if possible, so use them well.
- Advertise your home as much as you can afford, but keep it simple and advertise your website address where they can go to get details.
- Learn about all the ways to get free advertising on dozens of web sites. Most Realtors don’t know about these since most of them are new within the last year or two.
- Learn how to get buyers to view your home listing through inexpensive Google advertisements (pay per click). You must be careful to do this right or you will waste a lot of money.
- Hold as many open houses as you can, including a special open house for buyer agents if you want them to help you.
The Critical Need for an Internet Marketing Strategy
Even if you do all of the above things you may still have a problem selling your home quickly. What is missing from the above list is an internet marketing strategy.
Quick sales happen when you are able to show your home to a large number of potential buyers. With nearly 100% of buyers shopping for houses online, your strategy should focus on how to reach this large population of buyers.