What are the Pros and Cons of Internet Marketing?
People somehow think that Internet Marketing is some kind of get-rich-quick gold rush, and all they have to do is show up and play. But it is not that way. You know it. I know it. I contend this: If you are not a hardworking, productive worker offline, you will be useless online.
Pros and Cons of Internet Marketing:
1) Too much freedom. You must be individually motivated to spend time working online. You must set aside time to work online every day.
2) Very little structure. You must create a plan everyday for what you need to accomplish online, and then do it. It is too easy to spend an hour on email, and another surfing for new information.
3) Can be slow at first. You have to learn what works, and the only way to do that is to try things. And when you are doing this, you fail a lot. What works for one person on one site may not work for you on another.
4) You often feel as though you are reinventing the wheel. Unless you are willing to spend thousands on a ready-made system, you will have to do a lot of your own development and testing.
1) Once you are successful, there is incredible time freedom. You can take a vacation when you want to, not when the boss says you can. You can take the afternoon off if you choose.
2) Freedom to experiment and learn everything you can about whatever interest you. You can be successful online in just about any niche. It is my opinion that there are still many profitable niches available online.
3) Once you learn what to do and how to do it, work online feels easy. The hardest part of anything you do is learning it.
4) Once you set up things that work well, and automate them, your return on your time becomes exponential over time. You make more money per hour online at an increasing pace.
5) You can experience incredible pleasure when something you design goes well. It is exhilarating to see your efforts produce real, profitable results.