Internet Marketing Explained
Internet Marketing is simply a set of marketing or advertising strategies, focused on a specific audience, in order to achieve two (2) goals:
- Reach the first page of most major Search Engine websites for organic traffic, and
- Earn Passive income, enough to not need a permanent nine-to-five job anymore.
Their goals may differ in some ways, but the ultimate purpose of internet marketing is to earn money online.
Please be reminded that your business doesn’t necessarily need to focus on one set of audience all the time. An exemption can be a Niche Market site focused on 2 or more profitable niches. One example is a Niche Market website focused on teaching beginners the different kinds of techniques on how to earn money working from home.
From that niche market, they can earn extra by adding affiliate links from Amazon.com Affiliate or strategically placing Google AdSense ads to their blog posts.
Note: Learning the steps on how to earn money online by Amazon Affiliate or Google AdSense will be discussed on a different post.
Going back to the Niche market site, focused on teaching steps on how to earn money online, the site owners can utilize their knowledge even more by adding a “Services Offered” page for people to hire them. This is one obvious path and pretty much profitable as well.
It can be a profitable to teach people what you know (Consultation), or providing them your services by hiring you. You can earn a decent amount of money by just managing one niche website.
What are the Internet Marketing Strategies?
Before earning big chunks of money online by creating your niche market site, you’ll have to learn the basics of Internet Marketing techniques.
Internet Marketing is a very young Industry that constantly changes or improves, sometimes without any notice at all. Despite most changes in Google Algorithms and other updates from Search engine sites, here are some of the most famous Internet Marketing Strategies known in the web:
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
– This Internet Marketing Technique has Two (2) main categories as well. Namely: On-Page Optimization and Off-Page Optimization.
- On-Page Optimization, in the simplest words possible, is to use optimized, strategically chosen, keywords to blog posts, descriptions and Meta data.
Bloggers are tweaking their website structure in an effort to be “friendly” to search engine bots or spiders (algorithm), in order to be indexed properly (like what librarians do to books). They all have one main goal, which is, having their niche site show in the first page of relevant search results.
- Off-Page Optimization is fairly different to tweaking your website to get to the first page of search results. You can think of this technique as running for City Mayor. If you’re running for a position, you’ll have to do campaigns and build a strong relationship with people. The goal is to get their votes.
Votes, if converted to SEO language, are Backlinks. These are links typed by other people in other websites to promote your site. An example of which can be, a single person promoting your URL because, let’s say, your niche site can be useful when it comes to learning how to cook.
Further information about SEO will be discussed in a different article.
Social Media Marketing
– This one is my favorite. You create profiles and/or fan pages to social media websites, and get as much likes as you can possibly earn. This fan page of yours can drive a great amount of your traffic to your niche market website if done correctly.
– Although it’s popular name: backlinking is not recognized by the dictionary of Microsoft Word, Backlinking is a term used, again, for the purpose of driving relative traffic to your niche website, being respected by Google to gain organic traffic, and being recognized in your niche.
This Internet Marketing strategy includes finding high Google PR (Page Rank) sites related to your chosen niche market or keyword, and making every effort to get a do-follow link pointing to your website.
Google PR is a rank from zero (0) to ten (10) assigned by Google to identify who is the most useful website in a given search result.
Do-follow link is a link (a vote) coming from a different website pointing to your niche website giving you a vote to increase your Google PR. However, please be reminded that the weight of the vote depends, of course, on the Google PR of the website voting you. It’s kind of unfair if you think about it at first, but it will become clear to you that in order to get respect, you must follow a clean road of hard work and honesty before your website itself can gain high PR. That’s how smart the Google Algorithm is.
Viral Video Marketing or YouTube Marketing
This internet marketing strategy is, I believe, in its infancy stage. But don’t take video marketing for granted. An example of a great media where you can experiment on your Viral Video Marketing techniques is no other than YouTube.com. So much people earn a decent amount of passive income by focusing their profitable niches in creating videos that has a possibility to become viral. It’s actually easier than you think. You just have to have patience in learning and patience in execution.
There are still other Internet Marketing Techniques out there. However I’ve already discussed most of the factors affecting these Other techniques. As we venture towards our quest to find profitable niche markets online, you’ll understand that most things you see right now on your screens are products of Internet Marketing ideas and techniques.I’m excited to read all your comments See you!
Project Angeles Outsource