IoT or the Internet of Things refers to a technology that connects smart devices to the same network through sensors and software for data collection and exchange over the internet. IoT powers household devices as well as industrial devices for seamless communication between people and things. With minimum human involvement, physical devices can share and collect information with technology that makes IoT possible such as low-cost computing, cloud, big data, analytics, and mobile technologies. With IoT, industries can achieve new automation applications that will improve their revenue and business models. IoT is a major of the fourth industrial revolution as it enables smart manufacturing, smart power grids, smart cities, etc.
Here are the latest IoT trends:
- Smart Office Initiatives: IoT will power the real estate industry with smart office features for employees who have to work remotely in the coming future. This will be possible through smart monitoring.
- Behavior Monitoring: Behavior monitoring through IoT has many benefits for mental health and personal security. Activities like handwashing and wearing a mask can also be monitored to create a safe environment.
- Improving Location Data Accuracy: Because of remote checking, the need for accurate location data has become urgent. IoT technology can ensure devices are connected to a workplace or community network for better tracking.
- Remote Access to Connected Assets: Manufacturers and pharma companies can exchange information and be connected about each other’s developments through IoT devices that will act as a time-saving mechanism.
- Connected Healthcare: IoT-powered wearables and sensors will help healthcare professionals keep a track of patient information in cases of chronic illnesses that need constant monitoring.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author