The City of Philadelphia on Tuesday announced that the first case of COVID-19 had reached one Philadelphia resident, and that it was encouraging people to stay away from large crowds and events for the time being.
COVID-19 in Philadelphia update: press conference https://t.co/1aDEY8gI7N
— Philadelphia Public Health (@PHLPublicHealth) March 12, 2020
In response, event, conference and meetup organizers around the city (and country, and world) have been postponing or canceling their events to practice “social distancing,” the idea that we can better contain the virus if we avoid social gatherings.
This list is not exhaustive, and we will be updating with more information and events as we learn about them.
- Women in Tech Summit originally scheduled for this spring will now be held in the fall. WITS MidAtlantic will now be held Sept. 17 and 18, WITS Northeast will now be held Nov. 12 and 13, and the Girls in Tech Summit will be held Nov. 14.
- TechGirlz’s TechShopz will be canceled through the rest of the month.
- Chariot Solutions’ developers conference, Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise, scheduled for April 14 and 15, will be held online.
- Collective Strength’s March leadership meetup scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, is going virtual.
- Venture Cafe events at the University City Science Center have gone digital for the foreseeable future.
This list will be updated as new information becomes available. To send in info about your event, email [email protected]