Investment banks are playing matchmaker by pairing legal tech companies struggling to scale up with larger legal tech providers to build must-have products. However, they aren’t purely motivated by a desire to see a consolidated industry.
After announcing it secured millions in funding, a legal tech company should be prepared to receive emails from investment banks and private equity firms inviting them to explore mergers and acquisitions deals, noted Nick Baughan, managing member of investment bank Marks Baughan. Marks Baughan specializes in legal tech M&A transactions and worked on deals for Onit and Mitratech.
Want to continue reading?
Become a Free ALM Digital Reader.
Benefits of a Digital Membership:
- Free access to 3 articles* every 30 days
- Access to the entire ALM network of websites
- Unlimited access to the ALM suite of newsletters
- Build custom alerts on any search topic of your choosing
- Search by a wide range of topics
*May exclude premium content
Already have an account? Sign In Now