After players were left in the dark regarding the Fortnite v7.40 update, Epic Games has quietly confirmed via Twitter the official release date of the patch.
Nick Chester, Senior PR Manager at Epic Games, has confirmed that Fortnite patch v7.40 will be releasing on Wednesday, February 13th, 2019.
An official start of downtime has yet to be announced, though its likely to land at 8AM Eastern Time based on the patch v7.40 release time.
Nick Chester, Senior PR Manager at Epic Games, has confirmed that #Fortnite patch v7.40 will be releasing on Wednesday, February 13th.
Stay tuned to @FortniteINTEL / https://t.co/Fj4pH2VmuN full full coverage! https://t.co/srcBo2D47x
— Fortnite News • FortniteINTEL.com (@FortniteINTEL) February 12, 2019
Patch Notes are expected to go live minutes before downtime begins. Stay tuned to @FortniteINTEL / FortniteINTEL.com for full coverage.
Massive changes have been announced via Epic Games’ blog post on February 11th, check it out below…
Hey Fortnite community!
Wanted to give a sneak peek at some of the changes coming in this week’s v7.40 update.
- Planes will no longer be able to smash through structures
- Zipline interact prompt added, and using a Zipline will grant fall damage immunity
- Hand Cannon structure damage reduced from 150 to 100
- Turbo Build delay decreased from 0.15s to 0.05s
- Rocket Launcher reload time increased from 2.52s to 3.24s
- Added the ability to crouch while in Edit Mode
Don’t forget to also check out the Share the Love Event – including overtime Challenges – dropping in v7.40!
What are your most excited for in Fortnite patch v7.40?