Fortnite Storm Flip update 9.20
Fortnite fans can download update 9.20, following a short delay.
The latest Fortnite update is accompanied by a period of downtime on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android.
Fortnite server maintenance is expected to run from 9am UK time until 11am UK time.
In the meantime, fans can download the new update from Epic Games.
According to the patch notes, the big new addition is the Storm Flip item.
It’s described as a thrown item that explodes on impact to create a sphere-shaped zone. It will create a safe zone when it overlaps the storm, or a storm zone if it’s thrown within the safe zone.
There’s also a Sword Fight LTM, plus news about the Undo Purchase button, which can be used when buying select items.
The only bad news from update 9.20 is that Epic Games has vaulted Hunting Rifles.
Check out the full list of update 9.20 patch notes below…
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Thrown item that explodes on impact and creates a sphere-shaped zone.
• Where the sphere overlaps the storm, it will create a safe zone.
• Where the sphere overlaps a safe zone, it will create a storm zone.
• The Storm Flip deals the same damage as the current storm.
• The zone lasts for 20 seconds before dissipating.
• Available in Epic Rarity.
• Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
• Drops in stacks of 1.
• Max stack of 1.
Hunting Rifle all variants
While we value the variety of longer range sniping options, the Hunting Rifle has become somewhat outclassed by the Infantry Rifle after it was changed to hitscan. In addition, there are a few Sniper Rifle options available and we feel it doesn’t currently fill a necessary role in the item lineup.
• Reduced sniper package availability from 12.5% to 8.45%
• Reduced explosive package availability from 12.5% to 7.04%
• The chances of getting high-powered, rare items from Supply Drones was higher than felt appropriate, so we’ve reduced their availability slightly
• Overheat now takes 20% longer.
• The Mounted Turret’s usage has decreased over time. By slightly increasing time before Overheat, the goal is to help increase its risk/reward.
• Increased max charge time on Boom Bow from 1s to 1.25s
• The Boom Bow is a bit stronger than we’d like. This adjustment should reduce frequency between shots, making misses riskier. We’d like to evaluate the impact of this change before making any additional adjustments, and it’s possible that more tweaks will be necessary if this doesn’t have the desired effect.
• The Slipstream’s audio, pink ring, and spinning blades turn off when disabled during the fifth phase of the Storm.
• Players revived from a Reboot Van will lose invulnerability upon shooting or building.
• Air Vents are now more forgiving in order to prevent fall damage when players jump on them from high places.
Fortnite Storm Flip item
• Fixed an issue in which weapons that previously had no ammo would be unable to be automatically reloaded.
• Fixed an issue where players would take fall damage after exiting a Baller quickly rolling downhill.
• Aim assist can no longer be used to fire at players using a Shadow Bomb.
• Fixed an issue where players could damage teammates who were disconnected from the match.
• Fixed an issue where the Flying Disc Toy would get caught on Ballers in mid-air.
• Fixed an issue where Slipstream audio and visual FX would continue to occur after the player exits.
• Fixed an issue where Air Vents’ sound and visual effects occurred more than once.
• Fixed an issue in which Driftboards were unable to exit Slipstreams.
• Exiting a vehicle that had entered a Slipstream no longer causes players to skydive.
• Vending Machines no longer become unusable when a player using one gets eliminated.
• The Flint-Knock Pistol is now consistently able to knock targets and the shooter the correct distance.
• Dynamite audio no longer gets stuck on a loop during replays.
• The lava bounce visual effect no longer persists if a Baller bounces from lava to water.
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
• Treasure chest contain Epic or better weapons as well as the occasional Infinity Blade! Fight your opponents to find out who is worthy of the Blade… and who is not.
• Auto Swap Material option was removed and is always on.
• Removing the option allowed us to optimize Auto-Swap behavior, primarily reducing rare cases in which materials did not swap properly.
• Increased duration for how long elimination credit can be granted to the last damager.
• Fall damage from 15s to 60s
• Self-elimination from 15s to 60s
• Storm elimination from 5s to 60s
• Added support for foot controller devices to the Accessibility options.
• Adjusted Invert Aircraft Controls setting info to better describe the option.
• Gamepad custom build controls now consistently allow players to turbo build when using the ‘Place’ action while simultaneously having the ‘Stair,’ ‘Wall,’ ‘Roof,’ or ‘Floor’ action bound.
• Players outside closed enemy structures can no longer build inside them.
• Fixed an issue in which the destruction of a building could be interrupted by reconnecting it to its base.
• Fixed an issue in which players would hang in the air if they disconnected during the bus drop phase.
• Certain Fortbytes requiring a specific cosmetic item now correctly unlock for players who have it equipped.
• Updated reload sounds for weapons to be mono instead of stereo. This will help with spatialization improvements for weapon swap sounds.
• The storm damage sound effect no longer ends prematurely.
• Banner Icons- Updated from 256×256 to 512×512
• Standard Type – 31 large graphic types updated
• Battle Royale – 17 large graphic types updated
• Console players can now access language options through the Settings menu.
• Players can now choose a setting on the “Account” tab to opt out of player surveys.
• Updated main menu lobby to be the same as the Battle Royale lobby.
• We made some initial polish adjustments to the new lobby with a plan to iterate over time and update the theme across the front-end.
• Fixed videos not looping on PS4.
• The question mark icon in the Settings menu now fully fills in the box.
Fortnite Hunting Rifles have been vaulted
• We’ve added the ability to Undo a new purchase to the Fortnite Store!
• Immediately after you make a new purchase you will be able to Undo this item purchase for a limited time as long as you stay on the purchase screen.
• After you Undo a purchase, there will be a cooldown on using Undo on that same item, but you will be able to Undo any other new purchases!
• If you choose to Undo a purchase, the ownership of that item will be revoked and you will be granted back the appropriate V-Bucks.
• Undo will follow the same eligibility requirements as Return Requests.
• What can Undo be used on?
• Items available for purchase with V-Bucks in the Item Shop
• Harvesting Tools
• Back Bling
• What can Undo not be used on?
• Limited Time Offers in the Store such as Lava Legends Pack, Frozen Legends Pack, and The Laguna Pack
• Battle Pass
• Battle Pass Tiers
• Founder’s Pack
• Founder’s Pack Upgrades
• Loot Llamas (Save the World)
• Event and Weekly Items (Save the World)
• Players in your squad now have a stronger visual highlight when actively speaking.
• We no longer display Active Voice Indicators in-game for players that are in your squad.
• We adjusted this to retain the improved visibility of speaking players that Active Voice Indicators provide while making it easier for you to immediately get contextual information (e.g. health and shield status) for the person speaking.