ST. CLOUD — South Junior High Principal Jason Harris will be interim principal at Tech High School for the upcoming school year, according to a news release issued by St. Cloud school district.
Superintendent Willie Jett announced the transition Monday — along with several other administrative appointments — following last week’s announcement that Tech Principal Charlie Eisenreich will move to the newly created role of junior high activities director next year before retiring in 2021.
Harris has served as principal at South for six years and has “demonstrated history of positive leadership, strong relationships with students and staff and a clear vision for academic excellence,” the release states. “Harris has relationships with many of the Tech students who have passed through South under his leadership, and the superintendent expresses confidence that Harris is the right leader for Tech at this time.”
Jett also announced the following appointments Monday:
- Joel Heitkamp as interim principal at South Junior High. Heitkamp has been a teacher and coach with the district for nearly 20 years and has served as administrative intern and assistant principal at South for three years.
- Andrea Laning as interim assistant principal at South Junior High. Laning will be returning to South, where she served as an administrative intern, after serving this year as interim assistant principal at Talahi Community School.
- Justin Skaalerud as assistant principal at Apollo High School. Skaalerud served as interim assistant principal this year and has served Apollo as a teacher, coach and athletic director over the past 15 years.
- Richard Chakolis as assistant principal at McKinley Area Learning Center. Chakolis has served as interim assistant principal this year and has served as assistant principal at Talahi and administrative intern at South.
- Beth Watkins as director of special education curriculum and instruction. Watkins has been a teacher and leader in the special education department for the past seven years.
The appointments take effect July 1.
Support local journalism. Subscribe to sctimes.com today.
Read or Share this story: https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2020/05/04/south-principal-harris-named-interim-principal-tech-high-school/3078162001/