Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Now that our bodies have been taken prisoner by allergies — pollen settling deep down into the eye sockets, lids grinding over eyeballs like sandpaper, the tender skin of the under eye area rubbed raw by our very own tortured hands — it’s actually not so bad staying inside.
Plus it’s easier to read this week’s list of tech openings when the seeping pollen ooze isn’t straining out of your puffy, bloodshot eyes.
Or, maybe it’s just time for an Allegra.
Philly Tech Week’s Introduced | Virtual is on like a prawn at dawn this Thursday, May 7. So take a looksie at the lineup and secure your attendance for this popular all-day event (now online — and free!), featuring speakers from Philly companies like Guru, Comcast, gettacar and Sahay Consulting, and Delaware’s Second Chances Farm. Register here.
Lions and tigers and … well, probably not bears in this case. Meghan Griffiths, senior operations manager at Inspire, told us how her childhood in South Africa inspires her work at the company that is looking to build a brighter energy future through smart home products and wind power subscriptions. But seriously, are there bears in South Africa?
In the third episode of The TWIJ Show, Technically Media CEO Chris Wink talks “maintaining a ‘growth mindset’ during a downturn” with Catalyte CEO Jake Hsu and Guru CEO Rick Nucci. Here’s what advice the trio had for listeners.
- Data Engineers, get your butts over to Inspire where you can join a team of Avengers saving the earth through clean energy subscriptions to wind power. Maybe even meet the Hulk! But probably not. He’s, like, never there.
- Penn Mutual says, ‘toss the tie and come work as our Insurance Product Owner Business Transformation Specialist.’ We’re paraphrasing, but you get the gist.
- If your head’s already in the clouds, might as well work up there, too. Cloud-hosting provider Linode just unleashed a flurry of jobs, including Systems Engineer, Customer Success Specialist, Security Compliance Analyst and more. Other companies may be pausing hiring during the pandemic, but Linode isn’t slowing down at all.
- CSC is hiring a Technology Team Lead for its Jurisdictional Database Services Team. Interviews are COVID-19-friendly — aka, virtual.
- CSC is also on the prowl for a Senior Systems Engineer to support 3000+ servers) over a multi-site/data center infrastructure.
- Venture Cafe Philadelphia — Philly’s largest weekly gathering for the innovation, entrepreneur and startup ecosystem — is looking for a Program Manager and Experience Designer.
- Crossbeam is on the hunt for a Frontend Engineer – Partnerbase to serve as the lead dev of its database platform, Partnerbase.
- Susquehanna International Group seeks a Sr. Architect – Compliance.
Special callout for the senior-level UX, ML/AI and Data crews — ship-themed investment services firm Vanguard is rollin’ in jobs with your names on them:
Oops, almost forgot about this baby from AWeber Communications, too:
- Looking for a Sr. UI Designer to design user interfaces. Adds up, if you ask us.
Prefer that remote life? We gotcha covered:
Thank you for joining us again this week. And keep those sneezes inside the mask, won’t you? Nothing worse than feeling the familiar sprinkle of someone else’s nose juices hit your arm during a pandemic *shudder*.
Happy job hunting, friends!